Tuesday, January 25, 2011

Dreams of my second lesson in grace.

Last night, as my mind was dozing off to sleep, I had lofty thoughts of a perfect blog post in my second big lesson in grace. Then, when I woke up, it was all gone, with not even a hint of what I was going to write about.

I have been learning, little by little, day by day, to rejoice in Christ as my grace. I have been reminded in various ways that Satan wants to steal our joy in Christ, and one way to do that is by having us waste a day by feeling defeated by sin. I have been rejoicing so much more lately, and groaning in pain so much less. Praise the Lord!

The promise of grace in my life has left me so much more room to grow. Instead of sinning further in frustration at myself, I look to Christ knowing that He has 1) already forgiven the sin I have JUST committed, and 2) promises to bring His good work to completion. This gives me strength to keep going.

I love that I'm focusing on grace, but there is something more I need to focus on : Prayer.

I'm sorry I've been scattered lately. I have a lot on my mind, and that makes for less coherent thoughts to put on a page.
I am getting heart surgery in less than a month.
I feel burdened about something that I should not bother with.
I feel as though I am not doing a good enough job bringing any of these things in prayer to Him,
and when I do bring it in prayer, I feel as though I leave just as confused as I started.

I know He is faithful. I do not question that. I never will, because of the Truth I have seen.
But please, blog world, if you are out there. Pray for me.

Prayer requests:
  • My heart surgery. That the Lord will give the doctors wisdom, that I will trust in Him that He knows best -whether that be that the surgery fixes my heart or not.
  • This burden. That the Lord teaches me how to use it to glorify Him, to rest it on His shoulders. I would pray that God would take the pain away, but I know that Jesus had a path of suffering. So I do as well. I will work through it, walk with it, and declare Christ the whole pray. Pray that He gives me strength. And if He wills it, to take this cup from me altogether.
  • For my prayer life. That He would give me diligence. That I would open my eyes to see the Holy Spirit at work. That I would know Him more and more each day and desire to spend more and more time with Him in prayer.
     
Thank you in advance, friends. 

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Please join the conversation!