Friday, January 21, 2011

The law of sin

My mentor and I have been studying "Indwelling Sin in Believers" by John Owen. This book, written in the 1600s, shows incredible insight into Romans 7 and 8 and how the law of sin affects believers every day, at every moment.

The more I read, the more I think about this, the more I realize that me hating my sin and mourning over it isn't wrong. The law of grace and the law of sin are at war in my heart. But the more I read and the more I think about this, the more I realize how I need to be praying more, diligent in fighting and striving towards knowing Christ. I have been lax recently. I am still reading the Word every day, and praying before work and on the drive, but my prayers have not been as earnest.

So, blog word, what thoughts do you have? How can I change this? Do you see the law of sin at war in your heart? Have you read anything by John Owen?

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Please join the conversation!